HBase >> mail # user >> RE: Hbase question

Re: Hbase question
Hello Rami,

       Hbase is not built on top of Hadoop. Hdfs is not a must, but
provided you a better storage option(courtesy Hdfs's distributed style
storage, scalability etc). You could use it with other FS as well, even
with your local FS. And you could definitely use MR jobs to efficiently
handle stored in your Hbase store. But MR is again not a must. Not only
this Hbase allso provided other APIs as well like Java and Thrift.

HTH

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/