Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Constructing A Mutation From Byte Array

Re: Constructing A Mutation From Byte Array
Given that Mutation is going to do an arrayCopy of the Text object you
pass in, I wouldn't be too worried about the overhead of creating a Text
object from a pre-existing byte[]; however, I see no reason not to make
a Mutation(byte[]) constructor. Good call.

For completeness, it would probably be smart to add a Mutation(byte[]
arr, int start, int end) constructor as well and have your
Mutation(byte[] arr) constructor call Mutation(arr, 0, arr.length).