Hadoop, mail # general - [DISCUSS] Spin out MR, HDFS and YARN as their own TLPs and disband Hadoop umbrella project

Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-29, 17:13
On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Suresh Srinivas
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> - As regards to APIs, currently we have LimitedPrivate APIs for related
> projects. This has been used by HBase as well. We need to think about a
> timeline by when we can mark these APIs stable. They should remain
> LimitedPrivate. Any rare changes to APIs requires only co-ordination among
> the projects and no user applications (which we have not control over) is
> affected.
> - I agree with Arun that the common can move with HDFS.

So, this would mean that a bunch of common functionality needed by
other TPLs (YARN, MR, HBASE) which is not required by HDFS will end up
in HDFS. I'm not necessary against that but it should be well
understood/expected/accepted by HDFS TPL, right?

Thx

Alejandro