HDFS >> mail # dev >> New competition

New competition
I saw an article yesterday saying the GlusterFS 3.3 now has Hadoop bindings.
I also ran across XtreemFS a while back, which also supports Hadoop
bindings.  Both of them claim to be faster and more scalable than HDFS.

Has anyone in the community done some actual benchmarks on the same hardware
for some HDFS replacements?  I would love to see how true their claims are
and what we need to do to beat them.

http://www.infostor.com/storage-management/gluster-goes-after-hadoop-big-dat
a.html

http://www.gluster.org/