Accumulo, mail # dev - Contributing Organizations

+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-12-19, 22:41
+
Dave Marion 2012-12-19, 23:30
+
Dave Marion 2013-01-02, 23:42
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-01-07, 18:07
+
Christopher 2013-01-08, 20:05
+
John Vines 2013-01-08, 20:21
Re: Contributing Organizations
Billie Rinaldi 2013-01-08, 20:37
On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I like the style bigtop has. Tables are a bit ugly, lets just give each
> person a line.

It's still a table, but a pretty one.  We could use their css.

> On a similar note, I would like to see either segregating the committers
> and contributors or dropping them off the page completely. Not for hate,
> but as more and more people adopt and contribute back, it will just turn
> into a fairly noisy list. I'll probably catch flack for the latter thought
> though.

Since JIRA no longer has a contributor report, there is no other way to see
the contributors unless you have administrative access to our JIRA.

Billie

> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Cold weather illnesses and holidays being what they are, I apologize for
> my
> > lack of attention to this issue.
> >
> > I agree with Billie, that we don't really need a vote for voluntary
> > information. I've also been somewhat reluctant to take action on this
> > issue, due to the fact that I dislike doing web design, and I fear if I
> > were the one to implement this, I would end up lowering the quality of
> our
> > front-facing web interfaces. If somebody wants to volunteer a better page
> > design, with the included information, I'd welcome it as a patch
> > for ACCUMULO-946 (link
> > ),
> > or if you are a committer, you can resolve it yourself.
> >
> > --
> > Christopher L Tubbs II
> > http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
> >

> > On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Billie Rinaldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> > vote?
> > > >

> > > Since no one has voiced any objections to this, and listing one's
> > > organization will be voluntary, I don't see a need for a vote on this
> > > issue.  If anyone disagrees, feel free to speak up.
> > >
> > > If there are any contributors who would like their organization listed
> on
> > > this page (http://accumulo.apache.org/people.html), email me or
> another
> > > committer and we'll add it for you.