Hive >> mail # user >> FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Unable to fetch table test_table

Re: FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: Unable to fetch table test_table
not that this is any consolation but on my mysql instance, same cdh
release, i have the following for IS_COMPRESSED where you have 'false':

{code}
{metastore@etl1 root 13:13}>select SD_ID, is_compressed from SDS limit 10;
+-------+---------------+
| SD_ID | is_compressed |
+-------+---------------+
|     1 |               |
|     2 |               |
|     6 |               |
|    11 |               |
|    26 |               |
|    31 |               |
|    36 |               |
|    41 |               |
|    46 |               |
|    47 |               |
10 rows in set (0.00 sec)
{code}

so *maybe* that 'false' value there is something specific to your backend
store?  might you experiment and change it to a null string? and see if
that changes anything?   Something to think about anyway.