HBase >> mail # user >> How to install Snappy?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-01, 23:52
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-01, 23:57
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-02, 13:25
+
surfer 2012-12-03, 07:02
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-03, 13:24
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-03, 13:47
+
Kevin Odell 2012-12-03, 14:09
+
Kevin Odell 2012-12-03, 14:37
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-03, 14:56
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-03, 15:15
+
Kevin Odell 2012-12-03, 15:19
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-03, 15:50
+
surfer 2012-12-04, 06:29
Re: How to install Snappy?
Oh! I tried... But I did a mistake. I missed the "hadoop" part of your
path and tried with the hbase one... Since I also had my libsnappy
copied there, this will have worked too...

So this is another totally valid option to achieve the install.

JM

2012/12/4, surfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> good ! never surrender !
> you also could have done like I posted you yesterday which is equivalent:
>
> in hbase-env.sh:
> export HBASE_LIBRARY_PATH=/pathtoyourhadoop/lib/native/Linux-amd64-64
>

> in /pathtoyourhadoop/lib/native/Linux-amd64-64 I have added:
> libsnappy.a
> libsnappy.so
> libsnappy.so.1
> libsnappy.so.1.1.2
>

> On 12/03/2012 04:15 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari wrote:
>> Ok, I got it!!!!
>>
>> I had to copy the hadoop native libs into the hbase native libs
>> directory!
>>
>> Now I get a SUCCESS when I'm doint the CompressionTest...
>>
>> I'm not 100% sure that it's the only think which was missing because I
>> have done so many modifications in the last 3 days...
>>
>> So I will start from a blank 0.94.3 jar and re-do all the steps to
>> make sure it's just the native libs which need to be copied.
>>
>> I was close to surrender ;)
>>
>> JM
>> 2012/12/3, surfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

+