Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Easy Tickets

Re: Easy Tickets
Hi Miguel!

As a starting place, the design section of the 1.5 manual is a good
overview of major components and how they interact at a high level[1].

>From there, you should definitely go through the "getting involved" page
and [2] and developers guide[3]. Finally, use the dev guide to work through
a full initial build - test - demo instance cycle. I'd recommend doing this
off of a recent stable release so that you know things are supposed to work
out of the box. (e.g. you can replace the trunk checkout with a checkout of
the 1.5.0 release tag[4])

After that, take a look through the tickets labeled "newbie" for anything
that catches your interest. There are all issues that existing project
members have flagged as good for those getting started int he code base.

HTH

-Sean

[1]:
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.5/accumulo_user_manual.html#_accumulo_design