Kafka >> mail # dev >> Proposal: fixed release schedule

Re: Proposal: fixed release schedule
On 11/11/2011 06:01 PM, Jay Kreps wrote:
> 2. Our current focus for linkedin folks was going to be on replication
>    which will be a really disruptive set of features that need to be released
>    together.

I think there are some differing assumptions on the impact of
replication.  My assumption has been that replication would be a new
feature that was 'optional' in that R=1 would not be significantly from
what we are doing now.  Thus replication work could continue in trunk --
and even be present in releases -- without being disruptive, the lack
change would just be to allow and document values of R > 1.

However, both Jay and Jun's description of the work make it sound like
more of a backwards incompatible no-rolling-restart every
broker/consumer/producer needs to be upgraded at the same time sort of
change.