Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zookeeper performance

RE: Zookeeper performance
We are using optimistic concurrency similar to one explained in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimistic_concurrency_control
I went through the "version" concept in zookeeper. I do not understand how that could be used for "concurrency control". Are you suggesting that all writes go to zookeeper first before making it to the database.
We are trying to do it differently... For example, let us say we are trying to update rowKey 1 of Person table,
1. Create a ephemeral node /locks/Person/rowkey12. Zookeeper may create a node called /locks/Person/rowKey1-0000 (This means that we got lock)3. If we got, /locks/Person/rowKey1-0001 , we decrement and keep checking child nodes of /locks/Person until  /locks/Person/rowKey1-0001 becomes the first one in the list.
Pls help/