HBase >> mail # dev >> Closing issues (as opposed to Resolving).

Re: Closing issues (as opposed to Resolving).
Links to closed jiras still work -- it is just that edits to history and
discussion gets frozen after the release. (edits seem to at least for
committers).   Talking to a committer from another project, it is actually
part of their release process (once release bits have been posted, close
all issues resolved by the release).   The point is that once closed
(released), an issue cannot be reopened -- a new issue must be filed.

Ideally, all backports go through on the original jira.  If not within the
"short period", and we figure out we want/need it later, just file a new
issue to backport it to a sustaining release.  This seems reasonable --
those issues would get closed once that minor release gets out.

Jon.