HDFS >> mail # user >> namenode http fsck

Re: namenode http fsck
As far as I'm aware, in Hadoop 0.20, you're right that that's the case.  In
versions of Hadoop that have security, some of the web interfaces have been
secured away.

The open source Hue project (https://github.com/cloudera/hue) has a file
browser that's independent of Hadoop's web UIs.  Some of Cloudera's
customers use that in combination with firewalling away the namenode
interfaces directly.

-- Philip