HBase >> mail # user >> HBase Stack

I don't think I would try to use a single-node HBase cluster to
replace a MySQL database. HBase has a sweet spot, both in terms of
scale and data access patterns. In general, it should not be viewed as
a drop in replacement to MySQL. My questions to you would be:

1) How much data do you need to store?
2) What are your access patterns? Lots of joins, individual row
lookups, range scans, etc.

-Joey

--
Joseph Echeverria