HDFS, mail # user - Re: How to change default 1024 open files in Linux

+
Sandeep Nemuri 2013-05-07, 11:45
Re: How to change default 1024 open files in Linux
Dhanasekaran Anbalagan 2013-05-07, 16:15
HI Sandeep,

you can try this path
root@dv150:~# *cat /etc/security/limits.d/*
*hbase.nofiles.conf  hdfs.conf           mapred.conf         mapreduce.conf
     yarn.conf *
root@dv150:~# cat /etc/security/limits.d/hdfs.conf
# Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
# contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
# this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
# The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
# (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
# the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.

*hdfs - nofile 65536*
root@dv150:~#
On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Sandeep Nemuri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> its not working !!
>

> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Aditya exalter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> just go to /etc/security/limits.conf
>>
>> and append
>>
>> *      soft      nofiles      300000(your limit)
>> *      hard     nofiles      827399(your limit)
>>
>> Just logout and login to see changes   ulimit -a
>>

>> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Sandeep Nemuri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> How to increase it
>>> in  linux ?

>>> --
>>> Regards