HBase >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Namespace Delimiter

+
Francis Liu 2013-05-07, 23:38
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-05-07, 23:43
+
Ian Varley 2013-05-07, 23:49
+
Francis Liu 2013-05-08, 00:22
+
Stack 2013-05-08, 06:36
+
James Taylor 2013-05-08, 06:55
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-05-08, 19:01
+
Elliott Clark 2013-05-08, 20:27
+
Francis Liu 2013-05-09, 00:02
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-09, 00:11
+
Francis Liu 2013-05-09, 01:00
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-05-09, 01:24
+
Francis Liu 2013-05-09, 01:36
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-09, 01:27
+
Francis Liu 2013-05-09, 01:58
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-09, 02:03
+
Stack 2013-05-09, 03:40
+
Francis Liu 2013-05-09, 23:03
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-09, 23:21
Re: [DISCUSS] Namespace Delimiter
I can probably incorporate the migration into the main patch will see how big it gets. And the rename tool as a subtask.

On May 9, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Ted Yu wrote:

> The plan is feasible.
> This would be done in sub-task of HBASE-8015, right ?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Francis Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Sounds like I should give the auto-generate approach a try.
>>
>> In essence it'll do the following:
>>
>> - Tables without '.' will be moved into the default namespace.
>> - Tables with '.' will be move into new namespaces
>>        - namespaces will be delimited by the last '.' in the table name
>>                ie org.apache.hbase.MyTable, namespace = org.apache.hbase
>> - In both cases the oldTableName is the same as the fullTableName
>> - all existing apis and cli commands will be expecting full table names
>> unless explicitly stated
>> - a RenameTable tool will be provided to rename offline tables
>>
>> Let me know if any clarification is needed.
>>
>> -Francis

>> schema
>>>>

>>> There is no schema name in hbase.  James's convention up in phoenix at
>> the
>>> hbase-level is a table name w/ a dot in it.
>>>
>>> This is already a difficult enough issue.  No need to add complications.
>>>
>>> St.Ack

+
Enis Söztutar 2013-05-10, 01:00
+