HBase >> mail # user >> querying hbase

+
Aji Janis 2013-05-21, 21:58
Viral Bajaria 2013-05-21, 22:16
Aji Janis 2013-05-21, 22:43
lars hofhansl 2013-05-22, 03:35
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-22, 03:41
Ian Varley 2013-05-22, 08:06
Shahab Yunus 2013-05-22, 13:12
Aji Janis 2013-05-22, 14:42
James Taylor 2013-05-22, 16:22
James Taylor 2013-05-22, 16:09
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-23, 23:17
+
James Taylor 2013-05-24, 00:10
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-24, 21:50
+
Michel Segel 2013-06-01, 10:17
Re: querying hbase
Isn't the time to restart and the steps necessary more or less the same? Or
will the objects that hold the in memory state survive across the reload?
Will they still share a classloader (maintain equality tests)? What if the
implementation / bundle version changes? We are taking about an upgrade
scenario. Will we need to dump and restore in memory state to local disk,
pickle the state of an earlier version and have the latest version
unpickle, fixing up as needed? What happens if that fails midway?
The JITted code for the old bundle is unused and GCed now that the bundle
is upgraded, so we have to wait for runtime profiling and C2 to crunch the
bytecode again for the new bundle. Will all that need more time than just
restating a JVM ? Am I missing a simpler way?

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)