Accumulo >> mail # user >> Table deletion got stuck

+
Lin XIAO 2012-11-27, 21:28
+
Keith Turner 2012-11-27, 21:38
+
Lin XIAO 2012-11-27, 21:42
+
Keith Turner 2012-11-27, 22:22
+
John Vines 2012-11-27, 22:24
+
Lin XIAO 2012-11-27, 23:20
+
Keith Turner 2012-11-28, 13:55
+
Lin XIAO 2012-11-28, 15:44
+
Keith Turner 2012-11-28, 15:55
+
Lin XIAO 2012-11-28, 16:07
+
Keith Turner 2012-11-28, 16:20
+
Lin XIAO 2012-11-28, 19:22
+
Keith Turner 2012-11-29, 18:16
+
Keith Turner 2012-11-28, 16:08
+
Lin XIAO 2012-11-28, 19:05
Re: Table deletion got stuck
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Lin XIAO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When deleting tables, sometimes the operation get stuck for hours with
> table status "UNKNOWN" shown in the monitor page. The only relevant
> logs I can find are similar to this:
>
> [tableOps.CleanUp] DEBUG: Still waiting for table to be deleted: is
> locationState: is<<@(null,10.0.0.10:41000[43b1b039a081368],null)
>
> It happens to a few tables in our cluster and most of them are hosted
> by one tablet server, so I killed the tablet server to force the
> tablets to be reassigned to other servers. The tables got deleted

In the future save the output of running jstack on the tablet server before
killing it.