HBase, mail # dev - trunk on hadoop2 fixes.

+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-04-11, 16:26
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-11, 16:39
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-04-11, 16:45
Re: trunk on hadoop2 fixes.
Ted Yu 2013-04-11, 16:50
Do you mind if I run the test you are fixing against tip of hadoop 2.0
branch ?

Or, if I understand you correctly, potentially new JIRA would be opened on
(some of) these tests when 2.0.4-alpha comes out.

Cheers

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Jonathan Hsieh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Jon:
> > Thanks for the headsup.
> >
> > Do you know that you can trigger hadoop QA to run test suite against
> hadoop
> > 2.0 profile ?
> >
> > Take a look at:
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12575537/7904-v9-hadoop-2.0.txt
> >
> > Hadoop QA depends on seeing the line below in patch:
> >
> > hadoop.profile=2.0
> >
> > Neat trick. We should document this!
>

> > You also need some changes to the pom.xml files.
> >
> > I want to know your strategy w.r.t. re-verifying the fixes when
> 2.0.4-alpha
> > comes out.
> > 2.0.4-alpha RC0 was cut two days ago. RC1 should come by weekend.
> >

> Let's get our current hbase trunk on hadoop2 green most of the time first,
> then change to the new version.  This way we'll know if it was changes to
> hbase or changes to hadoop that cause any problems that may occur.
>
> Jon.
>
> --
> // Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
> // Software Engineer, Cloudera