MapReduce >> mail # user >> Not able to start the NodeManager

Not able to start the NodeManager
Hi,

I am trying to setup 0.23 on a cluster and am stuck with errors while
starting the NodeManager. The slaves file is proper and I am able to do a
password-less ssh from the master to the slaves. The ResourceManager also
starts properly.

On running the below command from the master node.

>> bin/yarn-daemons.sh start nodemanager

I get the following error from the yarn script

>> praveen-laptop: No HADOOP_CONF_DIR set.
>> praveen-laptop: Please specify it either in yarn-env.sh or in the
environment.

The following is set in .bashrc for all the slaves

>> export HADOOP_DEV_HOME=/home/praveensripati/Installations/hadoop-0.23.0
>> export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=$HADOOP_DEV_HOME/conf

For some reason the HADOOP_CONF_DIR and other variables are not visible in
the yarn-daemon.sh (could verify if from the echo statements also) which
calls the yarn script.

I am able to run the below command successfully from the terminal, but
the yarn-daemons.sh
(plural) command exits with the above error.

>> ssh praveen-laptop cd
/home/praveensripati/Installations/hadoop-0.23.0/bin/.. ;
/home/praveensripati/Installations/hadoop-0.23.0/bin/yarn-daemon.sh
--config /home/praveensripati/Installations/hadoop-0.23.0/conf start
nodemanager

I looked at the code and could not figure it out. Did I miss anything or is
there a bug in the code?

Regards,
Praveen
+