Chukwa, mail # user - Seeking a little advice

Re: Seeking a little advice
Jerome Boulon 2010-08-24, 20:00
If the data is in 1 machine then there's probably no need to move the data.
So the question is more:

 *   Do you need more than one machine to do your ETL?
 *   Would you ever need more than one machine?

So if you need more than 1 machine then chukwa could be the right answer.
I have a tool that I could publish to transform any input file to Chukwa compressed dataSink file. This could be a first step.
Also hadoop has a JDBC InputReader/Writer so you may want to take a look.

Could you give more info on your data(size and ETL)?

/Jerome.