Flume >> mail # dev >> Apache Flume 1.2.X in Apache Bigtop (incubating)

Re: Apache Flume 1.2.X in Apache Bigtop (incubating)
On 07/31/2012 10:32 PM, Bruno Mah� wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to upgrade Apache Flume to 1.2 in Apache Bigtop (incubating)
> over the week end, but encountered a blocker issue (see BIGTOP-686 and
> FLUME-1404).
>
> This brings me to the 2 following questions:
> * I am quite busy right now, but if I were to provide a patch for that
> issue, would it be possible to get an Apache Flume 1.2.1 out sooner than
> later? What would be the timeframe?
>
> * Is there any build on Apache Jenkins exercising as many profiles as
> possible?
> I only see the job https://builds.apache.org/job/flume-trunk/, which is
> disabled. What do you think about re-enabling it as well as adding
> another build for profile for hadoop-0.23?
> I am willing to help if needed.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruno

Probing again in case anyone is interested.
It would be great to bring all the goodness of Apache Flume 1.2 to
Apache Bigtop (incubating), even more so given all the changes since
Apache Flume 1.1.0 (incubating).

Thanks,
Bruno