HBase >> mail # user >> When node is down

+
David Charle 2012-06-22, 03:17
+
Michael Segel 2012-06-22, 03:35
+
Tom Brown 2012-06-22, 13:41
+
David Charle 2012-06-22, 13:58
+
Michel Segel 2012-06-25, 03:14
+
M. C. Srivas 2012-07-09, 05:04
+
Kevin Odell 2012-07-09, 12:37
Re: When node is down
Thanks Michael.

Does that mean, do I need to exclude the node first and then add it or
simply bring the node back; and hadoop/hbase will rebuild the missing
blocks (as data is speed on multiple drives, one drive is dead, so 1/4th of
data ~300G). Or we need to do any special fs check to ensure the missing
data is replicated first ?

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Michael Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Assuming that you have an Apache release (Apache, HW, Cloudera) ...
> (If MapR, replace the drive and you should be able to repair the cluster
> from the console. Node doesn't go down. )
> Node goes down.
> 10 min later, cluster sees node down. Should then be able to replicate the
> missing blocks.
>
> Replace disk w new disk and rebuild file system.
> Bring node up.
> Rebalance cluster.
>
> That should be pretty much it.
>

> On Jun 21, 2012, at 10:17 PM, David Charle wrote:
>
> > What is the best practice to remove a node and add the same node back for
> > hbase/hadoop ?
> >
> > Currently in our 10 node cluster; 2 nodes went down (bad disk, so node is
> > down as its the root volume+data); need to replace the disk and add them
> > back. Any quick suggestions or pointers to doc for the right procedure ?
> >
> > --
> > David

+
Dave Barr 2012-06-22, 18:20