Avro, mail # user - Apache Avro Encoding types?

Re: Apache Avro Encoding types?
Connor Doyle 2013-09-19, 02:15
Hi Raihan,

One strategy may be to store a cache of schemata elsewhere and then write just enough information (version number, md5, or similar) to look up the right schema version adjacent to your avro/binary blob column.  This would impose little overhead and still allow you to take advantage of Avro's built-in schema resolution to read old serialized data.
--
Connor