Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-02-07, 03:59
+
Robert Evans 2013-02-07, 15:33
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-02-07, 18:21
+
Andrew Wang 2013-02-07, 18:24
Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha
+1 (non-binding)

Downloaded src tar ball, built binary tar ball, ran a couple of sample MR
jobs on a pseudo-dist cluster.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Andrew Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Verified the tarball checksums. Ran a couple example jobs on a 3 node
> cluster successfully, with the same WARN caveat as Bobby.
>
> +1 (non-binding).
>
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 7:33 AM, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I downloaded the binary package and ran a few example jobs on a 3 node
> > cluster.  Everything seems to be working OK on it, I did see
> >
> > WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your
> > platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
> >
> > For every shell command, but just like with 0.23.6 I don't think it is a
> > blocker.
> >
> > +1 (Binding)
> >
> > --Bobby
> >
> > On 2/6/13 9:59 PM, "Arun C Murthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >>Folks,
> >>
> >>I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.0.3-alpha that I
> >>would like to release.
> >>
> >>This release contains several major enhancements such as QJM for HDFS HA,
> >>multi-resource scheduling for YARN, YARN ResourceManager restart etc.
> >>Also YARN has achieved significant stability at scale (more details from
> >>Y! folks here: http://s.apache.org/VYO).
> >>
> >>The RC is available at:
> >>http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.3-alpha-rc0/
> >>The RC tag in svn is here:
> >>http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.3-alpha-rc0/
> >>
> >>The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
> >>
> >>Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.
> >>
> >>thanks,
> >>Arun
> >>

> >>--
> >>Arun C. Murthy