Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSS] - YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop

Re: [DISCUSS] - YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
+1 from me.

The main question is, is this a good idea without considering the details
of how easy/hard it is to do? I think it is a good idea and we should move
in this direction. If we all agree on this, lets discuss main issues that
need to be resolved to split YARN into a separate project. As others have
suggested, we should ensure this is done smoothly and does not disrupt the
project and does not make day to day work for contributors very hard.

http://hortonworks.com/download/