From: John Armstrong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:02
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Filtering rows by presence of keys

Hi, everybody.

I'm looking around to see if this sort of functionality already exists.
  I've got a table holding objects that looks like

<UUID> <Type>:<Field> <Value>

I'd like to mark objects as "active" or "inactive" by adding keys like

<UUID> ACTIVE:---- ----
<UUID> INACTIVE:---- ----

and then set up an iterator to return the previous entries if and only
if the row contains an ACTIVE column family.

I thought that at the meeting a couple weeks ago a pattern was described
to return joins using an IntersectingIterator: set up one iterator to
return the field value entries, another one to return the ACTIVE
entries, and then return only the ones I want.  But looking at
IntersectingIterator itself, this doesn't match up with my mental
picture.

So is there a known pattern matching this sort of thing? Any suggestions
on crafting one?