HDFS >> mail # user >> HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME
Hi,

I have a one node Hadoop cluster for my POC. The HADOOP_HOME is under a directory

/usr/home/hadoop

I dont have much space on /usr and want to use other accounts/applications storage which are located at /app/software/app1 etc.,

How can I use the /app/software/app1 location for my HDFS files and storage. Is it possible? Please advise.

Thanks,
Raj