Pig >> mail # dev >> Move pig project from svn to git repository

Re: Move pig project from svn to git repository
There was a thread about this last year:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/pig-dev/201203.mbox/thread?5
As I recall there was no opposition but also no strong motivation to be
trailblazers in this area.
I do see lag on the git mirror sometimes (hours).
I'd like to see a better process than the file based patch contribution but
it is unclear using git primarily will allow that. If you have suggestions
I'd be happy to hear about it.
Julien