Hadoop >> mail # general >> hadoop-2.0.4-alpha bug-fix release

Re: hadoop-2.0.4-alpha bug-fix release
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 6:33 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
>  To fix YARN-429 and a couple of other critical bugs, I've created branch-2.0.4-alpha and necessary versions in jira etc.
>
>  Currently, here is the list of bugs slated for this release: http://s.apache.org/hadoop-2.0.4-alpha
>
>  Committers, please talk to me if you feel there are are other blocker bugs which warrant getting into this release.

Just wanted to quickly check what is the status of 2.0.4-alpha.

Currently I see the following issues blocking it:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MAPREDUCE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%222.0.4-alpha%22%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20priority%20%3D%20Blocker%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC

What's the consensus here on how complete that list is?

We haven't really finished Bigtop testing yet, since we currently
seem to be blocked on MAPREDUCE-4820 which means that
we may discover additional stoppers yet.

Still I wanted to know what is the overall thinking on what else
need to go into 2.0.4-alpha.

Thanks,
Roman.