HBase, mail # user - About performance issue of Hive/HBase vs Hive/HDFS

Re: About performance issue of Hive/HBase vs Hive/HDFS
Michel Segel 2011-12-21, 15:21
Hey Bruce,
There's a bit more...
Setting up the region size to help minimize the number of regions,  then there is tuning the GC and also setting up mslabs.

You can check out Todd L.'s blog posts on Cloudera's website. I think he has both topics covered in blogs.

Doug may also have updated the HBase book too.

Mike Segel