Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: hadoop on fedora 15

Re: hadoop on fedora 15

On 04/26/2012 01:49 AM, john cohen wrote:
> I had the same issue.  My problem was the use of VPN
> connected to work, and at the same time working
> with M/R jobs on my Mac.  It occurred to me that
> maybe Hadoop was binding to the wrong IP (the IP
> given to you after connecting through VPN),
> bottom line, I disconnect from the VPN, and the M/R job
> finished as expected after that.

This is logic because, after that you configure to connect to the VPN,
your machines have
other IPs, based on the request of the private network. You can test,
changing the IPs for the
new ones based on the VPN request.

--
Marcos Luis Ort�z Valmaseda (@marcosluis2186)