HBase >> mail # user >> Scan.addFamiliy reduces results

+
Peter Wolf 2012-03-15, 16:08
+
Daniel Gómez Ferro 2012-03-15, 17:58
+
Doug Meil 2012-03-15, 16:39
+
Peter Wolf 2012-03-15, 16:52
+
lars hofhansl 2012-03-15, 17:04
+
Haijia Zhou 2012-03-15, 17:12
+
lars hofhansl 2012-03-15, 17:17
+
Peter Wolf 2012-03-15, 17:48
Re: Scan.addFamiliy reduces results
" Let's also say there are 1000 rows with A,B,C and 500 rows with only B and C.

If I add families A, B and C and scan with no filter will I get 1500,
1000 or 500 results?"

In this case, you will get 1000 rows. In case you add only B, you will
get 500 rows.

It's not like if you add families A, B and C, it will give you _only_
those rows that have _all_ three families; rather it will give all
rows that contain _any_ of these families.

Hope this helps.

Experts are welcome to chime in if I am missing something :)

Thanks,
Himanshu

+
Peter Wolf 2012-03-15, 19:05