MapReduce >> mail # user >> How to unit test mappers reading data from DistributedCache?

+
Barak Yaish 2013-01-17, 20:07
Re: How to unit test mappers reading data from DistributedCache?
Hi,

Not sure how to do it using MRUnit, but should be possible to do this using
a mocking framework like Mockito or EasyMock. In a mapper (or reducer),
you'd use the Context classes to get the DistributedCache files. By mocking
these to return what you want, you could potentially run a true unit test.

Thanks
Hemanth