Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Zoo Keeper - The Beginning

Re: Zoo Keeper - The Beginning
Jude,

   The configuration is quite right, but I see that you are trying to run a
cluster in only one computer, not in various computers (it is desirable in
production). If you would like to do so for development purpose, I
recommend you to copy the zookeeper download in tree folders, one called
zk1, zk2, zk3. All tree must have the same entry for server.*, but with
different clientPort and dataDir values. Something like:

zk1
----------------------
dataDir=/opt/data/zk1
clientPort=2181
server.2=10.44.71.52:4568:4587
server.3=10.44.71.52:4569:4588
server.1=10.44.71.52:4567:4589

zk2
----------------------
dataDir=/opt/data/zk2
clientPort=2182
server.2=10.44.71.52:4568:4587
server.3=10.44.71.52:4569:4588
server.1=10.44.71.52:4567:4589

zk3
dataDir=/opt/data/zk3
clientPort=2183
server.2=10.44.71.52:4568:4587
server.3=10.44.71.52:4569:4588
server.1=10.44.71.52:4567:4589

Then go and start each of the server. Now the client connection string
would be "10.44.71.52:2181,10.44.71.52:2182,10.44.71.52:2183".