Pig, mail # user - pig hbase; java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.protobuf.Message

+
kiran chitturi 2013-02-09, 00:56
Re: pig hbase; java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.protobuf.Message
Harsha 2013-02-09, 01:44
kiran,
    if you are trying to access protobuf from inside pig script put the jar in PIG_CLASSPATH.

--
Harsha
On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM, kiran chitturi wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am trying to use pig and hbase but i keep running in to
> classNotFoundException error. I have tried few things but they have never
> worked.
>
> I am using pig 0.10.1 and hbase 0.94.1, hadoop 1.0.4. I have updated my
> HADOOP_CLASSPATH in hadoop-env.sh (http://hadoop-env.sh) as per this post [0]
>
> After updating my classpath, when i do the command '/opt/hadoop/bin/hadoop
> classpath' i could see the protobuf jar file in it.
>
> Yet, when i run the pig script that loads from hadoop class, i keep getting
> this error in the map tasks (Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> com.google.protobuf.Message).
>
> Every data node has the protobuf jar file in its hadoop classpath. I have
> also tried adding the jar file like this (/opt/pig-0.10.1/bin/pig
> /opt/pig_programs/testHbase.pig
> -Dpig.additional.jars=/opt/hbase-0.94.1/lib/protobuf-java-2.4.0a.jar ).
>
> I keep running in to this error.
>
> Can anyone please let me know how to solve this issue ?
>

> Many Thanks,
> Kiran.
>
> [0] -
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/pig-user/201211.mbox/%3CCANBTPCHb5+kFyew+[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E