HBase >> mail # user >> Max storefile size in CDH3u4

+
Lashing 2013-01-28, 23:49
+
Kevin Odell 2013-01-28, 23:51
+
Lsshiu 2013-01-29, 00:14
Re: Max storefile size in CDH3u4
Lsshiu,

  That is quite high.  Also, you are right on the cusp of the recommended
region size for HBase .90.  If you can make the upgrade I would recommend
upgrading to CDH4(.92) so that you can take advantage of HFilev2 and use 10
- 20GB region sizes.  If not, you can go between 4 - 10GB on .90, but
anything above 4GB is not recommended and can *greatly *impact performance.

--
Kevin O'Dell
Customer Operations Engineer, Cloudera