HDFS >> mail # user >> Correct way to use DataNode API

Correct way to use DataNode API
Hello list,

        I have been trying to wget a file in my HDFS through DataNode API,
but getting file does not exist error. Here is the command i'm using :

wget http://localhost:50075/streamFile?filename=/demofile.txt -o
~/demofile.txt

And this is the error message :

http://localhost:50075/streamFile?filename=/demofile.txt
Resolving localhost (localhost)... 127.0.0.1
Connecting to localhost (localhost)|127.0.0.1|:50075... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 500 File does not exist: /
2013-06-03 03:19:08 ERROR 500: File does not exist: /.

Could somebody point out the mistake.

Thank you so much for your valuable time.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com