MapReduce >> mail # user >> Can I use the cores of each CPU to be the datanodes instead of CPU?

+
谭军 2011-08-08, 08:46
RE: Can I use the cores of each CPU to be the datanodes instead of CPU?

Hi Jun,

Sorry, I didn’t get your question properly…..  :-(

Are you thinking in terms of Virtual Machines running on same physical
server?

Are you thinking about CPU core to Hadoop process mapping?

As per my understanding, Hadoop doesn’t have intelligence of different
cores (ideally application should be independent of hardware details)

It is possible to run multiple instance of DataNode in same physical server,
provide the configurations are different for each DataNode process.

Regards,
Subroto Sanyal

  _____