HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Connecting to standalone HBase from a remote client

+
matan 2012-11-26, 15:06
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-11-26, 15:28
Re: Connecting to standalone HBase from a remote client
Hello Matan,

     Did it work?If not, add these properties in your hbase-site.xml file
and see if it works for you.

 <property>
           <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
           <value>ZH-HOST_MACHINE</value>
       </property>
       <property>
           <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
           <value>2181</value>
       </property>
       <property>
           <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>
           <value>path_to_your_datadir</value>
       </property>

HTH

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, it's not useful to set the master address in the client. I suppose it
> was different a long time ago, hence there are some traces on different
> documentation.
> The master references itself in ZooKeeper. So if the master finds itself to
> be "locahost", ZooKeeper will contain "locahost", and the clients on
> another computer won't be able to connect. The issue lies on the master
> host, not the client.
>
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM, matan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >  also don't really understand why it has to be set in the client, as
> > according to the flow you describe, the client is getting all it needs to
> > know from zookeeper (?).

+
Stack 2012-11-26, 17:38
+