Hive >> mail # user >> Enabling fair scheduler using Bootstrap is failing

Enabling fair scheduler using Bootstrap is failing
Hi,

I am trying to enable fair scheduler on my emr cluster at bootstrap. The
steps I am doing are :

1. Creating Job instance from AWS console as "Create New Job Flow" with Job
Type as Hive program.
2. Selecting "Start an Interactive Hive Session".
3. Selecting Master and core instance group and Amazon EC2 Key Pair .
4. Selecting "Configure your Bootstrap Actions" and action type as
"Configure Hadoop".
5. Uploaded a mapred-site.xml in s3 with setting parameters for enabling
fair scheduler as :
 <property>
  <name>mapred.fairscheduler.allocation.file</name>
  <value>conf/pools.xml</value>
  </property>
  <property>
  <name>mapred.jobtracker.taskScheduler</name>
  <value>org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FairScheduler</value>
  </property>
  <property>
  <name>mapred.fairscheduler.assignmultiple</name>
  <value>true</value>
  </property>
  <property>
  <name>mapred.fairscheduler.eventlog.enabled</name>
  <value>false</value>
  </property>

6. In optional arguments I tried "--site-mapred-site,s3://XXX(where I
uploaded)/mapred-site.xml" to upload this xml file for my cluster.

Finally the creation of machine is failing with error "On the master
instance (xxx), bootstrap action 1 returned a non-zero return code".

I think in optional arguments I am giving something wrong. Please help me
in this.

Thanks,
Chunky.