Avro >> mail # dev >> Reading/Writing Avro files using R

+
Anshuman Saini 2013-05-03, 11:04
Re: Reading/Writing Avro files using R
Hi Anshuman,

I don't know of any packages that let you read/write Avro from R as of yet.
 I know that RHadoop is under active development at Revolution, and I
believe they are trying to work on an R API for Avro.  Best to contact
Antonio Piccolboni about it to see what the roadmap is like.

Uri
On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 4:04 AM, Anshuman Saini
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hello Developers,
>
> I wish to write and run a package/code in R, which will help me read/write
> Avro files, using R interface.
>
> Please help, as to how can I start doing the same.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Anshuman Saini
> Systems Engineer || CLOUD BigDataEdge<
> http://infosys/bigdataedge/Pages/index.aspx>
> Infosys Mysore DC

> solely
> for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
> please
> notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you
> are not
> to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
> person and
> any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys
> has taken
> every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for
> any damage
> you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry
> out your
> own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves
> the
> right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from
> this e-mail
> Infosys e-mail system.

Uri Laserson, PhD
Data Scientist, Cloudera