Hadoop >> mail # user >> Difference between hdfs dfs and hdfs fs

Re: Difference between hdfs dfs and hdfs fs
Hi Mohit,
 FS is a generic filesystem which can point to any file systems like
LocalFileSystem,HDFS etc. But dfs is specific to HDFS. So when u use fs it
can copy from local file system to hdfs . But when u specify dfs src file
has to be on HDFS.

--
Join me at http://hadoopworkshop.eventbrite.com/