Pig >> mail # user >> easiest way to get loops in PIG?

+
Yang 2012-06-21, 02:11
+
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2012-06-21, 05:12
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2012-06-21, 02:15
+
Yang 2012-06-21, 02:20
Re: easiest way to get loops in PIG?
Yang -- have you seen Hortonworks' blogpost on this?

http://hortonworks.com/blog/transitive-closure-in-apache-pig/

Norbert

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Prashant Kommireddi
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Would embedding Pig in java or other languages work?
>
> http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.10.0/cont.html#embed-java
>

> On Jun 20, 2012, at 7:12 PM, Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I agree that pig does not have loop probably for a good reason.
> >
> > but currently I need to write a code to find the transitive closures of
> > many edges in a graph.
> > so I need to iterate a code snippet several times, so finally I can find
> > connected component of size 2^N
> >
> > right now I just copy-paste the snippet several times.
> >
> > I guess I could take out the snippet and make it into a separate pig
> > script, and load and store intermediate data
> > at the beginning and end. but loading data is kind of a waste.
> >
> > any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Yang

+