Pig >> mail # user >> ClassNotFoundException when loading a hbase table in mapreduce mode

Re: ClassNotFoundException when loading a hbase table in mapreduce mode
Hi Jack,

PIG_CLASSPATH doesn't ship jar files to the back-end, but it only adds them
to classpath in the front-end.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.protobuf.Message

You should make protobuf available in mappers in the back-end. Please try
to pass it via -Dpig.additional.jars=<path to protobuf jar> in your Pig
command. This will add the protobuf jar to distributed cache as well as
classpath in mappers.

Thanks,
Cheolsoo