HBase >> mail # user >> HBaseAdmin#checkHBaseAvailable COST ABOUT 1 MINUTE TO CHECK A DEAD(OR NOT EXISTS) HBASE MASTER

Re: HBaseAdmin#checkHBaseAvailable COST ABOUT 1 MINUTE TO CHECK A DEAD(OR NOT EXISTS) HBASE MASTER
jingych,

The behavior is driven by the number of retries
(hbase.client.retries.number), the length of the pause between retries
(hbase.client.pause) and the timeout to establish a connection
(ipc.socket.timeout) and the time to get some data back from HBase
(hbase.rpc.timeout). Lowering the rpc timeout and the ipc socket timeout
should help you to fail fast the operation when the HBase Master is not
responsive.

cheers,
esteban.
--