Zookeeper, mail # user - Create nested paths

+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 00:08
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-01, 00:23
+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 00:26
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-01, 00:46
+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 00:52
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-01, 02:59
+
Marshall McMullen 2012-03-01, 03:04
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-01, 03:16
+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 19:17
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-01, 23:05
+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 23:14
+
Marshall McMullen 2012-03-01, 23:27
+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 23:30
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-01, 23:25
+
Marshall McMullen 2012-03-01, 23:28
+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 18:13
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-01, 23:02
Re: Create nested paths
Marshall McMullen 2012-03-01, 18:15
Check() will check if it exists with the specified version number. If you
give it -1 it won't compare the version number. So that's a basic Exists()
call. Does that make sense?

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Shelley, Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I don't see an Op.exists() method. Check, Create, Delete and SetData. I'm
> on 3.4.3, if that makes a difference.
>
> On 2/29/12 7:16 PM, "Ted Dunning" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Marshall McMullen <
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, Ted's right. The multi has to fail as that's part of the contract
> >>it
> >> guarantees.
> >>
> >> The only thing you could do, which will significantly narrow the race
> >> condition, is as you're *building *the multi, check if the path already
> >> exists. If so, then don't add the create op for that path into the
> >>multi.
> >> Of course this may not work in every situation, but we use that
> >>approach in
> >> many code paths and it works well.
> >>

> >Another approach is to compose one multi with Op.exists() for each level
> >so
> >that you find everything you need, then create another with the correct
> >Op.create() operations.  That gets the problem down to two server
> >round-trips but still has the race condition.

+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 18:46
+
Shelley, Ryan 2012-03-01, 05:29