Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Contribution to "Project Rhino"

+
Thomas Nguy 2013-03-11, 03:23
RE: Contribution to "Project Rhino"
Hi Thomas,

My name is Kai from project Rhino team now working on the topic of "Token based authentication and single sign on". I am glad to know that you are interested in this topic and I'd love to work with you for that.

> Hello Devs,
> My name is Thomas and I'm currently doing my master research on "Secure Hadoop cluster over inter-cloud environment'.  I've found that some of you are working on Hadoop security though the "Project Rhino", that's why I'd like to contribute to this project.
> To be honest, i'm a bit afraid because I have only a fixed amount of time ( ~4 months for development) to produce something and have no experience with the open source Hadoop. Moreover, i'm working alone.

That's the fun part about the Apache community, you can almost always find someone else to work with you. You and I can get this going and I am sure others with interest on this area will join in to help.

I created a Jira entry here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9392, let's continue our discussion there.

> Actually, I'm kinda interested by the third point "Token based authentication and single sign on" because nobody has started it yet and it is something that could be interesting for my "intercloud environment".
> Plus, if you have some ideas, hints, documentations or links to mailling list discussion that could help me for the start, it would be wonderful ^^.
Please see the jira for our initial goals, we can continue the discussion from there.