HBase, mail # dev - HEADSUP: Working on new 0.96.0RC

Re: HEADSUP: Working on new 0.96.0RC
Enis Söztutar 2013-10-09, 23:05
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Jimmy Xiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I prefer to have 9696 in. It's not just about merging.  I am also trying
> to make sure splitting is good.  Currently, if a region is splitting, the
> two daughters are wrote to meta at first. CM could move them around before
> master knows about these two new regions. So they could be double-assigned
> for a short while.  It could be a cause why ITBLL still shows data loss
> somewhere.

Is this really the case? If client learns the daughter regions from meta,
before master learns about the split, even if they call
HMaster.moveRegion(), they would get UnknownRegionException, no?

 void move(final byte[] encodedRegionName,

      final byte[] destServerName) throws HBaseIOException {

RegionState regionState = assignmentManager.getRegionStates().

      getRegionState(Bytes.toString(encodedRegionName));

    if (regionState == null) {

      throw newUnknownRegionException(Bytes.toStringBinary(encodedRegionName));
    }