Hive >> mail # dev >> Self join issue

Self join issue
Hi,

I just raised a ticket for a table with self join query. Table is created
with json serde provided by cloudera.

When  I run a single query on the table like select col from table where
col='xyz', this works perfectly fine with a mapreduce job.

but when I try to run the query of self join on the table it says serde not
found on query parsing.

i have mentioned the steps in detail on JIRA
HIVE-5432<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-5432>
.

Can somebody tell what's special when the query is parsed for join and
stand alone query?

Due to this issue, I have to create temporary tables and make sure I clean
them up myself after the jobs are over.

Thanks,
Nitin Pawar