HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Connecting to standalone HBase from a remote client

+
matan 2012-11-26, 15:06
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-11-26, 15:28
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-26, 17:38
+
Stack 2012-11-26, 17:38
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-11-26, 17:42
+
Stack 2012-11-26, 17:49
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-26, 18:16
+
Nicolas Liochon 2012-11-26, 18:47
Re: Connecting to standalone HBase from a remote client
Hello Nicolas,

      You are right. It has been deprecated. Thank you for updating my
knowledge base..:)

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Mohammad,
>
> Your answer was right, just that specifying the master address is not
> necessary (anymore I think). But it does no harm.
> Changing the /etc/hosts (as you did) is right too.
> Lastly, if the cluster is standalone and accessed locally, having localhost
> in ZK will not be an issue. However, it's perfectly possible to have a
> standalone cluster accessed remotely, so you don't want to have the master
> to write "I'm on the server named localhost" in this case. I expect it
> won't be an issue for communications between the region servers or hdfs as
> they would be all on the same "localhost"...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas
>
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > what

+
rajivtyagi711 2013-02-06, 09:44